Downloading the Software
Please uninstall any previous versions of LEGO MINDSTORMS software first. You’ll need administrator rights for the computer on which you want to install the program.
Use the link below to download a copy of the software for your NXT 2.0 from set 8547. The Safari Web Browser doesn’t recognize the download as a .ISO file. We recommend Mac users download with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0
Instructions for Windows Users
Once you’ve downloaded this file, you’ll need to mount it as a Virtual Drive or burn it to disc to install. There are many free programs for mounting and burning, but since they’re third party programs, we can’t suggest any specific software or provide step-by-step instructions.
1. Once you insert the disc in your drive or mount the .ISO as a virtual drive, the “Autorun” window should appear. If it doesn’t, open the disc or virtual CD drive in “My Computer” and double click the file called “setup.exe”
2. Follow the instructions on screen to install the software.
3. You may need to restart your system after the installation is done.
To start the program, double click the MINDSTORMS NXT Software icon on your desktop. The first time you start the program it may take a couple of minutes to be ready.
Instructions for Mac Users
1. Make sure you allow installations from anywhere, not just from the Mac App Store and identified developers. You can view or change this setting under “Security & Privacy” in your System Preferences.
2. Double click the downloaded file in Finder or click on the file in your Downloads folder in the Dock.
3. Double click the file named “Install”. In the security warning that pops up, select “Don’t warn me when opening packages from this disk image” and click OK.
4. The NXT 2.0 installation menu will launch. Simply select your preferred language and follow the instructions on screen.
To start the program, select “LEGO Mindstorms NXT” from your Applications and click Mindstorms NXT. The first time you start the program it may take a couple of minutes to be ready.